Monday, August 15, 2011

STL Zoo

HIPPO!

Caught the elephant eating, score!

Cheetah's, cooler seeing them in the African Safari but you'll do!

Tiger for my Auburn friends
   One of the awesome things about St. Louis is the awesome parks. We live close to Tower Grove Park which is awesome but small in comparison to Forest Park.  Forest Park is huge and reminds me of Central Park (minus all the skyscrapers!) In the park there is a Zoo, Art Museum, History Museum and a place where they have plays.  The great part is, the Zoo and Museums are FREE! With Hace starting back to school full-time we don't have much extra for extravagant outings these days so the park provides several options for fun, cheap dates.  When Missy, Hace's sister, came into town we did some touristy things and also visited the Zoo. This was my second trip to the Zoo but I'm sure it's far from the last.  The Zoo has a pretty impressive selection of animals. Ok, let's be honest, the only other Zoo I have been to is the Atlanta Zoo so what do I really know? But comparatively, it seems legit. My personal favorite are the hippos! They are so fascinating to me because they are huge but swim through the water like champs. Sometimes they do like to fight each other which is entertaining but sometimes I get nervous, haha. The Zoo also has a good number of cats but often they are not out. We did get to see the tiger and I took a pic for my Auburn sister and friends. He's almost as cool as LSU's Mike.  Hace's childhood dream was to be a Zoo-keeper so needless to say, he loves the Zoo.  I'm honestly not a huge animal-lover but he has gotten me more into it. Definitely would recommend the Zoo for a fun outing. Especially with kids!! Friends and family come visit and we promise to take you:)

1 comment:

  1. So jealous, I love the St. Louis Zoo...we went on our way out to new staff training. Hope you and Hace are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete