Monday, August 29, 2011

Festival of the Nations

Humus = awesome

Yummy Greek:)

Where the heck is this?

What can I say, I love the U.K.

View of the park with all the food booths
Classic, probably most familiar with this one!
     One of the great perks of where we live in STL is Tower Grove Park! We live about 2 blocks east of the park and it is an awesome place to go run, play tennis, or just find a shady spot to sit and read or journal. (Ok, so I haven't actually done this last part yet because it's been too stinkin' hot but hopefully the fall will provide time for this!) Anyway, this weekend the park had a huge Festival of Nations where people from all over the city came and set up booths showcasing their country and heritage. Literally, there are people here from all over!! Some of the places where pretty obscure and I couldn't find them on a map if I had to but I'm just amazed I live in such a diverse city.  Being from a small Southern town this is a big deal y'all!! I wish Hace and I could have spent more time at the festival but unfortunately I had work and he had orientation this weekend. However we were able to go by Sunday after church for a little bit.  We mainly explored the food section and made lunch off of pad Thai, and Argentine and Peruvian empanadas. It was delicious!! I was super bummed we couldn't go to the arts and crafts section or watch any of the dancing/musical performances but maybe next year. Here are some photos that highlight the festival and some of the countries represented.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Y'all are making me excited about being in the city I'm not excited about. So glad you're enjoying your neighborhood. Will let you know when we are in town again!

    ReplyDelete