Sunday, October 9, 2011

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

   My husband Hace is quite the snob when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, in college my roommate would always laugh at the fact that if we had break and bakes he only liked Pillsbury because he claimed they were better than toll house or the store brand.  Being the good girlfriend and now wife that I am, I always made sure get the right kind. Well now I have him hooked on a chocolate chip cookie that is the REAL deal.. A recipe from an old neighbor that's tested and true. Not exactly healthy but I never promised to be health-conscious. Here it is, the best chocolate chip cookie recipe..
3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco shortening
1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tbspn milk
1 tbspn vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
3/4 tspn baking soda
1 cup chocolate chip cookies
    Heat oven to 375 - Combine butter flavor crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well-blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased sheet. Bake 8-13 minutes, Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! So we made these cookies this weekend. Ours turned out more gooey looking than yours did. Maybe we messed up. You seemed to have left off some of the instructions of when to add the ingredients so maybe that was our problem? They still tasted great though!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I looked at my recipe again with what I posted and it looks right. The measurements for the brown sugar and flour looked a little weird in that font so maybe that was it? It should be 1 and 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar and 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour. Hopefully that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't say when to add the flour, salt and baking soda... don't know if that even makes a difference as when to add them in though. =) I just added them in before the egg I think.

    ReplyDelete