Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni For Target!!

         Many of you fashionistas are probably well-aware that today was the debut of Missoni for Target! This long anticipated line has had ample news coverage to prepare everyone for the arrival. I first read about it in an interview with the Italian designer Margherita Maccapani Missoni in Vogue.  It has been marked in my planner for over a month and today it finally arrived in stores and online! For those of you who have no idea who this is, Missoni is known for combining bright prints and designed knitwear in their clothing. Like I said before, it is an Italian Fashion house and you can find their clothing in store like Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.  The line had a private launch last Wednesday in Times Square and it was a madhouse. This should have prepared Target for what would happen on the full-launch of the line today! The long-awaited line finally hit stores this morning. I thought about heading over to Target on my lunch break to check it out but decided to wait until after work so I wouldn't be pressed for time. Well right at 6 I headed to Target which is 5 minutes from work and I enter the store to see some of the obvious Missoni displays but filled with other things like halloween t-shirts, what the heck? I make my way back to shoes and find an endcap of what few shoes are left. As I search  through the sizes left with another shopper I ask if she knows where the clothes are. She informs me that they sold out at 9:00 a.m.... the store opens at 8! Then I comment that you can buy it online but she then tells me that their website isn't able to handle the volume of traffic and isn't working properly. Major. Bummer. I come home to see if I can access even a peek of the line online and sure enough their website is going haywire. Finally I get to see the clothes but all the really cute-things are sold out, naturally. So if you live somewhere near a Target you should CALL before going and see if they even have anything left and it they do let me know where it is;) Hopefully Target will be replenishing their shelves with more Missoni product soon! Until then I guess we can search the web...
Some of the likely sold out pieces, they are pretty nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment